VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Re: N75J with stock chip (coow)

You will probaly not feel any difference in terms of butt dyno power.
However, the j valve can cause some surging.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

Quote, originally posted by coow »
does the N75J makes any different if I didnt chip my car at all??
thx guy
coow

You'll feel a little more with the H valve. The J doesn't make you boost higher, just smoother when chipped. With stock, it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
791 Posts

In stock mode, the J valve does nothing for my car except put on a show on the boost guage, a quick spike to 15+ then very quickly back to 9psi

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

The opinions on this vary from one end of the spectrum to the other. Clearly almost everyone here has NOT had a good experience with the valve. But, I have heard some people say that after installing it, they saw a 2-3psi increase across the board, and smoother onto boost transitions. Don't get to excited though, 2-3psi on these tiny turbos is good for about 5-10 crank hp MAX. Again, I've heard some people say that this is a very worthwhile mod, others bash it to no end. I think if you do the basics (intake, TIP, exhaust, etc...), the J valve will show itself a bit more. I plan on doing it as soon as mine comes in, as I've already ordered it, but it is on backorder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.