VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked to post this by someone else who provided very reliable information but wishes to stay anonymous for job reasons.
Apparently, there are some 03 Audis with defective N75s from the factory. The Audi A4 I was shown had a defective "C" valve straight from the factory - it had less than 500 miles on the odometer. Apparently this is not the first case my source has seen himself on the 03 Audi A4 1.8T.
Symptoms include a DTC of "0299" which is not a typical A4 DTC. One solution a mechanic may try is to replace the boost sensor, but this apparently will not fix the problem.
As of yesterday this N75 failure problem is not yet available internal Audi information to mechanics.
I personally saw the original N75 valve, it was an N75C on an 03 Audi A4. Heads up if you have this piece and experience a boost problem.
I am posting all the information I know, so further questions will more than likely go unanswered since I don't know anything further myself ATM.

· Registered
3,520 Posts
Re: N75s on some 03 Audis DEFECTIVE (SlvrBllt)

Raman,
Maybe the car you're talking about is MY car!!!!!!
I had a problem last week on my new A4 ...
It had like 400 something miles on the odometer. The car was feeling weak (low low boost) check engine light came on. Boost sensor was replaced.
I have put 200 miles and so far the car is running perfect!
Are you sure about this N75 failure? I sent you a personal message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shane,
Im getting free REVO trial tomorrow morning.
B valve ... might wna try this valve

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: N75s on some 03 Audis DEFECTIVE (Senna 1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by Senna 1.8T »
Raman,
Maybe the car you're talking about is MY car!!!!!!
I had a problem last week on my new A4 ...
It had like 400 something miles on the odometer. The car was feeling weak (low low boost) check engine light came on. Boost sensor was replaced.
I have put 200 miles and so far the car is running perfect!
Are you sure about this N75 failure? I sent you a personal message.

yes it was your car and I talked to our mutual friend at the dealership. he suggested I put the post online to help spread the word in a careful manner. congrats, your car is now famous

· Registered
457 Posts
Re: N75s on some 03 Audis DEFECTIVE (Raman Gain)

So which one is it the N75 or the G31 (boost sensor)? The P0299 eventually could be tracked to thre G31, but you were talking about bad N75 going bad? The new Audi had the G31 replaced, not the N75, is this correct?
Please, clarify VW has the same problems; the only difference is the VW ECU doesn;t turn the CEL on, it's a silent code, but affects performance.
Any info and check the thread links in my previous reply.
10x

· Registered
457 Posts
Re: N75s on some 03 Audis DEFECTIVE (Raman Gain)

Would it be possible to ask him again when you get a chance? It will be very helpful for us as we've been running around thinking it's boost leak, DV, N75, etc... A lot of confusion is added mostly because the P0299/16683 info is only available on the VAS system and not the Bentley

10x

· Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: N75s on some 03 Audis DEFECTIVE (dex)

Quote, originally posted by dex »
Would it be possible to ask him again when you get a chance? It will be very helpful for us as we've been running around thinking it's boost leak, DV, N75, etc... A lot of confusion is added mostly because the P0299/16683 info is only available on the VAS system and not the Bentley

10x

Honestly, don't hold your breath for me to get the info too soon. I haven't been to the dealership in probably two months. Sorry about that - the next time I go I'll bug him for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.