VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some naked Corrado BBS wheels and am down to a draw for my moderately lightned 91 Jetta VR6 5 lug swap with corrado SLC shine suspension!
Looking for good dry wet traction and good handeling tires! (twisties, occasional track autoX onramps, scare the pita passenger that says you need to turn right (as you pass the turn
)
Do I get: Goodyear Eagle F1 in 195/50-15 and live with a slightly messed up speedo (22.7 Dim, 7.9" section width, 6.3" tread width) for 82ea
Or!
Kumho MX 205/50-15 and the the extra rubber but not as good rubber. (sidewalls may be better) (23.1 Dim, 8.5 section width ? tread width) for 79ea
Any other sugestions appreciated as well!
Oh, I've got Corrado tranny (and speed sender) with a 97 inst cluster. If I can make speedo work with goodyears LMK how!

mm.. I gain .8 inch or lose 8.inch but be better anyway heh heh..

Modified by Mysticle31 at 1:54 AM 1-11-2004

Modified by Mysticle31 at 2:05 AM 1-11-2004

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Naked need sizing and sticyness! (Mysticle31)

Bigger better vs: better smaller? I'd like to keep the prices in the sub 100's (I'd do 110 or so) per tire. What I never understood is why someone would buy say AVS. (no offence) when the goodyears had better ratings in just about everything?? Not trying to be a dick, just curious. I've been a specs/rateing shopper always.

Modified by Mysticle31 at 4:11 AM 1-11-2004

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Re: Naked need sizing and sticyness! (Mysticle31)

I can comment on the Kumho Ecsta MX -- I have a set. They're very grippy, possibly the best dry-road tire I've owned. Only downside is that they become quite noisy after 6 months or so. YMMV

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Naked need sizing and sticyness! (tyrolkid)

Even the goodies? Curious. I've actually got another shot to take. Falken Asenis Sport. I've come to the conclusion that their good for rain, you just drive a little on the grandma side of normal and keep your eyes out for puddles (Live in norcal here, not much rail) just to speed around the twisties and occional autoX in the dry. And there is an advantage to the wet. I can go have fun in the wet at lower speeds (all sliden around. I'm going to miss the Ranchero)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.