VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I thought this was a Scirroco but the hood doesn't look long enough, perhaps Rabbit or maybe Fox Wagon (of which I currently own and have had several over the years) but a fellow Fox enthusiast says "hood is too slanted for Fox, maybe Polo"....quick google search of 1988~1990 two door Polo space wagon/hatch just didn't match...then I thought maybe early/mid 90's VW Derby...pix don't seem to match either...
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

so TCL, I ask, what is the donor for this mini time machine?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Rabbit Pickup/Caddy?

Reactions: Chris_bob

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Ah yes,I see.

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Reactions: patrikman

·
Premium Member
'08 Saab 9-3, '66 Vespa
9,052 Posts
Looks like a VW Gol to me. Door, mirror, belt line, wheel arches kinda matches the one on the OP.

I'm pretty sure they removed it and the wipers as well (or at least we can't see it in that photo).

Enviado de meu SM-G980F usando o Tapatalk
The Ibiza has a "square" rear wheel arch and the fuel door is on the driver's side.

Enviado de meu SM-G980F usando o Tapatalk
Yeah, this guy has it. It's definitely that Gol liftback.

·
Registered
26,115 Posts
Yeah, this guy has it. It's definitely that Gol liftback.
Gol has a fixed triangle window on the door which is missing on the er... time machine.

But I agree that it is not an Ibiza. The time machine has straight edge door frame that lines up with the lower door cutline. The Ibiza door cutline doesn't line up straight with the door frame on the B-pillar. Golf/Caddy is the same as Ibiza so definitely not MK1 based either.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna say no. The rear roofline doesn't come anywhere close to how OP's roof slants into the body rearward. And the slant immediately starts sloping as soon as you go behind the door.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat VR6 4Motion sedan
2,645 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna say no. The rear roofline doesn't come anywhere close to how OP's roof slants into the body rearward. And the slant immediately starts sloping as soon as you go behind the door. View attachment 148477 View attachment 148478
The roofline on the "Don't-Lorean" looks like it is modified to make it look a little more DeLorean-ish.

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Various threads on Reddit seem to agree that it's a Gol or a Saveiro.

So, it's basically a VW Fox.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Various threads on Reddit seem to agree that it's a Gol or a Saveiro.

So, it's basically a VW Fox.

These 2 seem to be a little too long behind the rear wheels. Gol w/triangle window delete looks likely.

If this is only a 1 donor chassis. I've seen a 1990ish Supra front mated to Corolla wagon. And you tube recently suggested I watch Widebody Lada Conversion. Could this be 2 donor cars? Maybe it is a one way time machine. It leaves as 2 cars in one but arrives as 1 car. Don't get in that car. It can't come back!

Another beautiful day today.
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts