VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Checked my car and it looks like it's the cover for the chrome-plated anchor loop behind/below the backseat center headrest. If you fold down the 60 part of your 60/40 rear seat you'll be able to see where it goes and maybe snap it back in place.

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (g8guard)

Quote, originally posted by g8guard »
Checked my car and it looks like it's the cover for the chrome-plated anchor loop behind/below the backseat center headrest. If you fold down the 60 part of your 60/40 rear seat you'll be able to see where it goes and maybe snap it back in place.

Ahh Bingo, I had to haul a nightstand in the car and folded down the seats... I noticed when I put them back up there was a chrome piece that I never saw before... that explains it!
Thanks,

· Registered
3,754 Posts
FV-QR

While this subject is here, how the hell do you get the headrests out of the rear seats?
Every other car I've had you just push & hold the button for the adjuster and it will pull out. When I tried this it felt stuck and I didn't want to yank REAL hard and break anything...

· Registered
109 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ZPrime)

Strictly from memory (not near my car at the moment). There is a small slot in the opposite plastic bushing from the one that has the headrest adjustment button on it. Just insert a small pin, nail, or jeweler's screwdriver and push in while applying upward pressure on the headrest. The hardest one was the center headrest because it's not adjustable and therefore it's very hard to even see the hole in the first place. Good Luck!

Modified by g8guard at 12:46 PM 8-4-2008

Modified by g8guard at 12:47 PM 8-4-2008

Modified by g8guard at 5:14 PM 8-4-2008

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.