VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2020 Atlas SEL and got very confused with the infotainment system manual. I started from the navigation section. It says “the navigation data must be installed on the device. Navigation via the SD card is not possible”.
It also says the installation process may take hours .... But I cannot see how to get this happen.
All I can do now is to insert the SD card then the navigation system works. Unplugging the card then it stopped working.

Am I missing something? Or this is the way it works? I really don’t understand the manual.

Thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The card needs to be plus at all times for navigation to work or display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes it must be at all time. Navigation can’t be installed to the media system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
A bit of a surprise, even on my 2009 Passat Highline, Nav data came on a DVD and stored the data on an internal 20GB HDD...
Having said that, only using Google Maps myself and waiting for the 2022 Cross Sport, hopefully then with wireless carplay...

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
A bit of a surprise, even on my 2009 Passat Highline, Nav data came on a DVD and stored the data on an internal 20GB HDD...
Having said that, only using Google Maps myself and waiting for the 2022 Cross Sport, hopefully then with wireless carplay...
There was a media announcement on the VW site that said as of the second half of 2021 all models will come with MIB3 which includes wireless app connect. Seems like it is a mid year change due to delayed us intro of the hardware. Everything looks the same, it just has additional capability.

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
There was a media announcement on the VW site that said as of the second half of 2021 all models will come with MIB3 which includes wireless app connect. Seems like it is a mid year change due to delayed us intro of the hardware. Everything looks the same, it just has additional capability.
But that will not give us Nav other than thru a smartphone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just saw it as well.
Volkswagen upgrades 2021 lineup of vehicles with new MIB3 infotainment system
4 min read . Updated: 21 Jul 2020, 09:30 AM IST
HT Auto Desk
All-new MIB3 infotainment system offers wireless App-Connect, enhanced voice recognition, USB-C charging, upgraded available navigation system, and SiriusXM with 360L streaming and satellite content on most models.

Atlas

Now on sale, the Atlas is available in eight trim levels for the 2021 model year—S, SE, SE w/ Technology, SE w/ Technology R-Line, SEL, SEL R-Line, SEL Premium and SEL Premium R-Line. For the first time, the turbocharged four-cylinder engine is available on top trims, and all-wheel drive is available with both the turbocharged four-cylinder and VR6 engines.

As a mid-year update, 2021.5 models will upgrade to MIB3 infotainment systems on SE models and up, as well as introduce Travel Assist and Emergency Assist on SEL and SEL Premium trims.

This system should have been included on all 2021 models...always thought the current system is too small...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.