VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
3621 - 3640 of 3662 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Thanks, yea I did, hence why time is so tight. Considering Triskett station then rta to tower city stop.
That would get you there..... but you can almost count on it being pretty packed. Sometimes there is not even parking for blocks around the station. Remeber this town is starving for a win and still riding the high of the Caves so I expect allot of people.

·
9,826 Posts
Thanks, yea I did, hence why time is so tight. Considering Triskett station then rta to tower city stop.
One more thing: I think our (ironically named) Rapid trains run every half hour or so. If you just miss one, you'll be waiting for quite a bit for another and it could add 30 minutes or more to your journey. Five of us missed the Indians Opening Day ceremonies one year because of the timing issue. Ever since then we drive downtown for games and pay to park: we get there in less time, can get OUT* of there more easily and the cost for 5 people in one car to park ($20) is the same as taking the Rapid.

One more more thing: While we do have 'traffic' it's not even close to what other major cities have. Chicago and NY could have you crawling for miles and miles. In Cleveland you'll get gummed up, but things almost always keep moving and our downtown is so compact (tiny compared to those others) that you're only a few exits from where you want to be. Luckily for you, you'll be going against our rush hour traffic and many downtown workers will already be down there for the games. I don't think it will be too bad for you.

*Getting out: one major issue when you take the Rapid to a game is leaving. The game ends and everyone RUNS to the Rapid stations, the trains fill immediately, and you have to wait. Meanwhile the RTA people are all running around trying to get more trains in service with looks on their face like "What is happening!!? Where are all these people coming from!? Why didn't anyone tell us there were things going on downtown!?" It's comical. Prepare to wait for a train if you do the public transport thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of commuter trains, but have been burned too many times with major downtown events that I've shied away from using it.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck with the car and with the game!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I just moved to the Akron area, and I'm looking to see if there are any meets around Akron/ Canton or Cleveland area. I don't have the mk4 anymore just the mk1.

·
Vendor
39,674 Posts
ECS Tuning is looking for either a GTI or an R with a locked ECU as we need to test fit our ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Intake System.
You must be close to the Akron/Canton area and we will need your car for about 4 hours.
Please PM me in here with your name and phone number and a good time to call you.

Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
ECS Tuning is looking for either a GTI or an R with a locked ECU as we need to test fit our ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Intake System.
You must be close to the Akron/Canton area and we will need your car for about 4 hours.
Please PM me in here with your name and phone number and a good time to call you.

Thanks
Chuck
Guessing your looking for a new gti r not an mk5? But didn't say above

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey kids...can anyone recommend a place for wheel refinishing? I have some Rotiform INDs I just took out of storage and there is some corrosion on the face that doesn't look like it's going to come off. Thanks. Also, eventually they'll be for sale, if anyone is interested. I'm in Akron.

·
Registered
92 Posts
LOOKING TO SEE WHEELS IN PERSON. Rotiform SPF, or Niche Surge

Located in Cleveland.
Willing to drive a bit. All over Northern Ohio for work.

I'm trying to see some wheels in person sooner than later. (Weather permitting)
Know anyone that has these in 18" or 19"?

Rotiform SPF 18 or 19"
Rotiform BLQ 18 or 19"

Niche Surge
Niche Citrine

Suggestions on a show room, or connecting me with an owner would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 718 Cayman GT4 (Miami Blue)
1,550 Posts
Anyone seen me around? Yell at me if you do... I dont have any car friends and it blows, cause we all know how non-car people are...
Depends where you are around NE Ohio... also if I saw you the first thing I'd do is comment how it's a "fake mercedes" (you really need VW wheel caps :D )

·
Registered
2020 718 Cayman GT4 (Miami Blue)
1,550 Posts
3621 - 3640 of 3662 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.