VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (fahrfrumlosin)

Only if you've been driving real hard and come to a stop. If you're just driving around town or drive real easy before stopping, 30 seconds to a minute should be fine.

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (vw_fiend)

just think of it this way, its only 2mins man, it helps the turbo!!! will save you money in the end, even if yo udont drive your car hard, just give it that 2 mins, its worth it

hehe your car deserves a break every now and then!!! hehe let her/him rest my freind!!!!

That turbo works hard and does it job good, wanna keep it that way, then wiat the extra 2 mins!!!!!
just my worthles 2 cents!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (fahrfrumlosin)

grab a turbo timer...made for the lazy bastard in all of us...

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (18TurboS)

I just drive nice and slow through my neighboorhood, once I get off the main roads (2nd gear, 1500 rpm, boost no higher than 15inHg)
this "slow" drive is my standard cool-down period.
BUT if I do make a "spirited" drive home, then i definitely let 'er cool for a minute.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (flanders)

i just open my door and wait for the door chime to end... 1 minute... but if ive been driving like a mad man.. i wait longer...
usually i feel underneath the car and wait for the fans to stop spinning to cool off the engine

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (mrdejected)

quote:[HR][/HR]i just open my door and wait for the door chime to end... 1 minute... but if ive been driving like a mad man.. i wait longer...
usually i feel underneath the car and wait for the fans to stop spinning to cool off the engine[HR][/HR]​
its only 40seconds

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (AxeAngel)

My door chimes for a full minute exactly and thats what i use as well. Automatic turbo timer as a present from VW! And yes i have timed my chime length more than once because i am a bored loser who loves his car.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (bmxvr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]My door chimes for a full minute exactly and thats what i use as well. Automatic turbo timer as a present from VW! And yes i have timed my chime length more than once because i am a bored loser who loves his car.[HR][/HR]​

yea ... i timed mines too.. and its a minute.... when i time it with a cd im playing or something
good stuff http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (bmxvr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]bmxvr6

My door chimes for a full minute exactly and thats what i use as well. Automatic turbo timer as a present from VW! And yes i have timed my chime length more than once because i am a bored loser who loves his car.
[HR][/HR]​
HAHA too funny at least I am not alone http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Necessary to wait 2 min before shutting engine off? (B95P)

the chime only stays for 1 min with the door ajar???
Wow, you mk4 guys really have it good than a2 and a3 peeps. la cucaracha forever baby!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts