VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay heres the story...i have a 96 OBDII jetta 2.0
i go to work, turn off everything, lights etc...i did leave the A/C and recirculation button on, but that should have no effect...
I come out of work a few hours later and the car dis-alarms fine, and the lights come on inside and everything...
i turn the key, and boom, everything is DEAD as a rock... im like wtf? immeditley i think alternator right? but i havnt had any problems at all to date..
so as im waiting for a friend to get his car to jump me, all of a sudden my lights just turn on and the alarm (viper and stock) start going off...and my alarm button now works again...so i hop in and try to start it and the power just leaves again...
so i get a firend to jump me, i drive home and on the way home i decide to do a quick test...i pushed the buttons for the rear power windows at the same time...right away all the lights dim and the car almost dies....im like wow...so i get into my driveway and i do it again..same thing and now the airbag light comes on...wtf? im lost...anyway, it wont start at all right now, and i need my car this week...so whats the suggestins? how can i test my alternator? thanks guys....

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Re: need 2.0 help quick (AaronD)

get the battery tested... I dont know about the airbag light though... Its cheap to get he battery checked, also how old is the batt? Could be a loose alternator belt....mmmaybe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts