VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a Golf front end on my Vento and would like to swap hoods with a Golf/GTI owner. Or just buy a GTI/Golf hood, if the price is decent. My car is candy white, I have the paint code if you want to know it ask me. If you are interested please email me; [email protected], or post here or on the thread in the mkIII classifieds. No tex im's please, as that damn thing never works on my comp.
I'm in Cherry Hill, NJ just outside of Philly and am looking for someone close to swap with or buy from. I am willing to do a little driving if you have what I need. BTW I don't need a Golf grille or headlights, I have Hella mkiv's and a JOM 2 bar badgeless grille.
Lemme know if anyone is interested

[Modified by Letsgopens13, 4:35 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Re: Need a Golf hood (Letsgopens13)

my brother has a yellow hood with some damage in corner he will probably get rid of real cheap. he live 30min outside philly.

[Modified by Shislerocco, 2:19 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: Need a Golf hood (Letsgopens13)

if you shop around you can get a new aftermarket one for $100. I could get you one but I would want a handlers fee as I have to drive 120 miles just to go pick it up from the shop that would buy it for me.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Need a Golf hood (95GLX)

quote:[HR][/HR]if you shop around you can get a new aftermarket one for $100. I could get you one but I would want a handlers fee as I have to drive 120 miles just to go pick it up from the shop that would buy it for me.[HR][/HR]​
Yea and then I'd have to pay a hefty fee to have it painted. I'm really trying to find one that is already white.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Re: Need a Golf hood (sicrado)

I am getting a front end conversion on my jetta as we speak. Just go to a VW junk yard, pick out a golf hood that is in good shape, then a set of golf headlights. Remember tho, if you get GTI headlights for an A3, you'll have to get the wiring hardness too.
Oh yeah, you'll want the grill too

[Modified by skeasor, 3:38 PM 2-9-2003]

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: Need a Golf hood (skeasor)

I've had my golf hood in my garage for several years now, but I think mine is 'Cool White', so the color is probably not perfect. Mine was used on my '98 Jetta GLX with dual headlights for about a year.
I wish I could find a freakin' buyer!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts