VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an ad, but tdi specific, so please leave it here.
I sell brand new MAFs, identical in every way to the 99.5+ TDI MAF, for $190 shipped. I post often on tdiclub.com but have noticed some people here who don't frequent the site, so I thought I'd put up a notice.
Symptoms of a bad MAF are reduced power and boost.
I accept paypal and usually can ship same or next day. Email or IM me for any questions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Need a MAF? (danix)

Free bump! I just e-mailed you for another one of those MAFs. Spice this one up will ya. I want the HO (high output) MAF. Soak it in Tabasco and Tequeila for me before shipping. Ship it refrigerated too. I like em cold!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Need a MAF? (ST33LR4T)

Yeah, but one look at my engine compartment and they will laugh if I try to get them to cover it. They know my car is modded. They are aways asking me to give them rides. I just tell them it's all rice. No actual power increase. Besides I have hit them hard with repairs out of waranty lately free of charge.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: Need a MAF? (GoneDiesel)

I took my ride in the other day because the instrument panel which has the clock doesnt display anymore. So i got a phone call a couple hours later telling me to pick it up. So i thought great fixed. Which it wasnt they are ordering a part for it first. Anyways they told me they also did the 32,000km service, which involved opening up the hood. They never said a thing about my K&N, CCV breather and my evry fuel mod. They just did the service, ordered the part, and that was that.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

I bought a spare backup MAF for our TDIs from Danix and he shipped it to me ASAP. He is legit and so are the units!
With all the mods I have on the two TDIs, I figured it was cheap insurance to have one to slap in if anything ever did go wrong with either of our OEM units, although we've had no hassles during the first 100,000 miles!

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Re: Need a MAF? (SkyPup)

Whats with all the MAF's going bad? I have 32,500 kms and haven't had any problems. Guess i'm lucky. Don't really have any mods, just piperx cone filter. Was it from the oil used in K+N filters?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Need a MAF? (ST33LR4T)

MAFs have been failing across the board on vw/audi cars, this is nothing new.
I am now out of stock on the MAFs but can reorder more, just email me if you need one.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts

i just got a Piper X cone intake
is there any concerns i should have?....is it bad to leave the car running and the hood closed?....is that little bit of hot air dangerous?
email me, or IM me, u u can help....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: Need a MAF? (GoneDiesel)

Here's a free bump, Dan, and congratulations on the arrival of a new family member.
The two MAF's purchased through you are doing just fine. The most recent one was just installed for testing purposes only and the numbers on the VAG COM showed it operating perfectly.
Thanks for your good service and Happy Holidays!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.