VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my tranny is completely fu****..
my gears are literally shredded. and i mean shredded. got my car back from the shop on a friday after they had my tranny out and opened up, and then on wed it happened. my car was driving completely fine and not making any noise at all and shifting great.. and the first time i get on it pretty good my gears just got ripped apart.. wtf happened? now i need a new trans.. idk if i should go 5 or 6 speed again.. but i need too build the tranny the best i can and get some gears.. WTH happened? anyone have any suggestions on gears i should run? i have a fully built 24v vr6 turbo its punched out too a 3.1 and also has a garret to4s turbo. it dynoed at 460whp. idk anything about gears and stuff someone help me out. already know its going to be very costly

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Gear sets for the 02M are gonna be pricey!

Honestly I would stay with an 02M and not go for a 5spd... Pretty sure the 02M is the strongest trans they make...
I cant remeber who makes gear sets for our trans, but I have seen em somewhere before.. for some reason HPA and Autotech are in my head...

·
Banned
3,950 Posts
I replied to your other thread already, but will in this one too. It sounds like somebody likes to powershift, or somebody doesn't know how to drive stick. The 6spds are darn near indestructable. Stop dropping gears while hammering on it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replied to your other thread already, but will in this one too. It sounds like somebody likes to powershift, or somebody doesn't know how to drive stick. The 6spds are darn near indestructable. Stop dropping gears while hammering on it.
stfu.. i know how to drive and i did nothing wrong if you wanna be an ******* go on a honda forum or something. im asking for advice on new tranny not asking your opinion on if you think i can drive or not thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gear sets for the 02M are gonna be pricey!

Honestly I would stay with an 02M and not go for a 5spd... Pretty sure the 02M is the strongest trans they make...
I cant remeber who makes gear sets for our trans, but I have seen em somewhere before.. for some reason HPA and Autotech are in my head...
thanks! gotta do some more research. my local shop just keeps telling me to go for the 5spd even though i really dont want too..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didnt drop a gear either.. just simply took it too about 5700rpms in third and shifted normal.. didnt slam it in gear or anything. i dont "powershift" because im not an idiot

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
32,958 Posts
i dont get it.... the trans broke after a shop removed it and took it apart and then reinstalled it?

Now they want you to put a 5-speed in it? Something doesn't sound right here.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont get it.... the trans broke after a shop removed it and took it apart and then reinstalled it?

Now they want you to put a 5-speed in it? Something doesn't sound right here.
but yes the shop had it all apart too look at it then they fixed my shifter fork on a friday i got it back babied it alittle, then on the next wed i got on it and it broke.. and its horrible.. so i didnt even have my car back for a week and my tranny was making no noise at all untill after that wed and it all broke it was completely fine before that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea they do. they always do good work... always sick cars with high hp coming out of it too.. it just blows my mind that my tranny was just fine and even at the shop opened up so they could see everything.. and all the sudden my gears are just completely shredded

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.