VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I want to get cup-kit or coilovers on my car.
but coilover is too expensive for me. i thinking its not worth it..
there are so many brands out there.. and I dont know which one have best quality.. any advice?

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Re: need adivice on suspension (W_Jetta)

Dude I went through the same thing that you are going through. I started out with just a small basic drop, some eibach Pro-kit springs. It did the job for a while, but wanted something more, So I went and got some Bilstein Shocks and struts. Made a world of difference, but I wasn't low enough. So then I went with some Sport-lines from Eibach with the bilsteins and that made the ride rough as hell but I was low but still not as low as I wanted to be. So then I just broke down and spent some real cash on some Coil-overs and I did my research and I decided to go with KW V1's and I love then, Yes they also make the Weitec but I wanted a quality ride and I also looked into B&G and also Bilstein and even H&R but I'm glade I made the switch and I'm very happy with my coilovers, I mean you can go cheap with Weitec and be low, or you can have a nice ride with some KW's or H&R's and be very happy. Just matters how much you wanna spend and how comfortable a ride you want.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Re: need adivice on suspension (W_Jetta)

Coil overs are only worth it if you plan on having the car corner balanced. Otherwise you are just buying a glorified set of shocks and springs. If all you want to do is lower the car get a good set of lowering springs with a good set of shocks that are valved to work with the spring rate. Before you plunk down any kind of money you should try and find people to take you for a ride. (If your lucky tehy might even let you drive)I am sure you will be able to find someone close to you.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Re: need adivice on suspension (NOVAdub)

Quote, originally posted by NOVAdub »
Coil overs are only worth it if you plan on having the car corner balanced. Otherwise you are just buying a glorified set of shocks and springs. If all you want to do is lower the car get a good set of lowering springs with a good set of shocks that are valved to work with the spring rate. Before you plunk down any kind of money you should try and find people to take you for a ride. (If your lucky tehy might even let you drive)I am sure you will be able to find someone close to you.

Good answer! That is great advise! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts