VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a 2L 8v, x-flow, on my G60 engine. I know the TB is on the opposite side, that's about it. Other then the TB, anything else I should know or need?? Does it worth it?? Cause if you guys tell me it's a PITA, i'll just get my head P&P.
I usually get all my answer from the search, but it's down

Thanks

· Registered
2,504 Posts
Re: Need advice on x-flow head (50 MPG)

I think there is more to it then the TB on the opposite side. THe intake manifold is on the worng side plus I would think that the alternator would be in the way as well. But I haven't done it myself so I'm not 100% sure, looking at it though....

· Registered
20,877 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Cool, but can I ask what exactly makes it a PITA
[HR][/HR]​
think about where the G60 Alternator sits. think about where the X-flow intake is. Think about what acessory you want to dump...a/c? Think anout all of the work and then ask yourself what is the major gain for all the trouble. Yes the X-flow is a great design but....is it worth it. why not just do the work to build a 20V its allmost the same amount of work with even more to be gained. Give me a 1.8T Long block, SDS and some time and then you will see me build a crazy G60 motor

· Registered
1,272 Posts

I was told that the x-flow head flows nearly the same as the G60 intake setup. Supposedly one of the motors, either the 2.0 or 1.8 x-flow in Europe, has the same hp rating as the older rear intake setup of the same displacement. Can anyone confirm?

· Registered
3,924 Posts
Re: Need advice on x-flow head (silverG60)

I was going to do the swap too. I have a few of those heads, but didnt feel like gathering and installing all of mounting brackets from an a3...just not worth it...I would rather take off my head and have it ported

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.