VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know my car build is not what most are looking for in a dub, but it suits me pretty well. - however, now that I am extremely happy with my ride height, I notice more and more, that my wheels feel like they dont really belong - I still like them - just I dont think they still flow.

I could prolly make it work by doing the 225/45/15's and maybe PC'ing the centers a textured grey kinda like this and have a old school motorsport touch

Or I could build a set of BBS in 15x8 (RM or RS) with the same 225/45/15's and have kind of an aggressive OEM feel

OR I am getting more and more partial to these as well. Its not as expensive as I thought, would definitely look good with a 225/45/15 and very much lighter and stronger to boot - and would definitely lend more of a motorsport feel to it.

TE37 VINTAGE
S-Type Rim (46mm)
65mm Bore .MSRP:

Specs
Color
Gunmetal .Offset
25 .PCD
4x100 .Size
15X8.0

They do have 0 offset in 4x100 as well. - from there you get into -15 i believe.

As you can tell, I am not going for a stretch/poke look - but rather a good functional height with the flares filled with as much rubber as I can get in there to fill em up.

Help me out - I may not be as dubbinest dubbers like SteveO, Moofluffen or NewGuy666 but my heart's in the right place...lol :laugh:

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Or I could build a set of BBS in 15x8 (RM or RS) with the same 225/45/15's and have kind of an aggressive OEM feel
Out of your choices, BBS gets my vote... RS's

Help me out - I may not be as dubbinest dubbers like SteveO, Moofluffen or NewGuy666 but my heart's in the right place...lol :laugh:
Wanna know a secret? The white GTI is my first VW :cool:

·
Banned
23,466 Posts
my suggestion is stop thinking you can run anything bigger then a 195 on a mk2!!!!

225? dood thats like a gigantic tire.. i wouldnt even run that on a mk3..

195 is the way to go.. or at max 205 and keep it low pro with 45's or 50. Car will ride alot better!!

Dont go huge with 17s or even 16s.. that are reaaally wide. between the ride height.. spacers and tire size.. itr will look like crap.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my suggestion is stop thinking you can run anything bigger then a 195 on a mk2!!!!

225? dood thats like a gigantic tire.. i wouldnt even run that on a mk3..

195 is the way to go.. or at max 205 and keep it low pro with 45's or 50. Car will ride alot better!!

Dont go huge with 17s or even 16s.. that are reaaally wide. between the ride height.. spacers and tire size.. itr will look like crap.
I am most def staying away from anything larger than a 15, I know nothing bigger will work with my ride height.

And 225's are not too big, they are awesomy handling goodness especially if I can get really light wheels.

Newguy99: lol, this is only my second, but I find my tastes don't seem to fit in any categories. I love seing clean slammed examples, but I don't have the patience to drive one, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
imo i would go with the te-37's they are pure sex, if you are really scared of price rota make a similar looking on i think its called the grid or sumthing but i dont know how heavy or well made they are

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
225's are awesome. I'd go with a 15 x 8 and close to a 20et. These are mine on 8.5's.

Andrew, I have to say I love your wheels. I was actually looking for a Halibrand style wheel before I saw yours - very muscle car influenced - then you did it and I love how well it worked. Believe me, there was a time I was waiting for your wheels to go up in the classifieds, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.