VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
situation: swapped 88 16v from scirocco into a 79 rabbit diesel.
ok for all of those who know. when swapping a 16v into a A1, what fuel pumps do you suggest to use? i have both the original 16v pumps and a recently picked up a 1984 gas tank and fuel pump.
the 84 gas tank has a opening for the fuel pump near the bottom of it, where as the original scirocco tank did not since it looked as though gas was sent from the sending unit via the top of the tank?

what the heck do i use? what do you guys use? LMK thanx

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Re: NEED Answers/Suggestions. my on going PROJECT (MUNICH_VR6)

both wok the same but the later (top sender fed) is safer. (as in safety regulations because if something gets ruptured it won't drain the whole tank)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: NEED Answers/Suggestions. my on going PROJECT (stevelangford)

my friend talked to the guys up @ RPI and they confirmed that you can use the 84 fuel pump w/o the 16v's sending unit/pump. my question now is how does that have enough pressure? i thought 16v's run higher pressure than 8v's? please tell me your set-ups!

·
Banned
1,887 Posts
Re: NEED Answers/Suggestions. my on going PROJECT (MUNICH_VR6)

the single pump flows better than the dual pump setup, as all cars switched to the dual pump setup in 84, not just the 16Vs.
You obviously know you the 16V tank wont fit, and there are other pumps you can use as a substitute for the stock 8V one........Audi, porsche, etc.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: NEED Answers/Suggestions. my on going PROJECT (splitmeister)

i'm using my stock 83 gti fuel pump with my 16V....i have no problems running enough fuel...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts