VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0T and I am currently running a turn 2 motor mount. The turn 2 is going soft and I am getting a lot of engine movement from the power. What motor mount should i get, ( solid motor mount perhaps) and where do i get it?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Re: Need Better Motor Mount than Turn 2 for My car Help!!!! (96JettaTrek)

use hockey pucks, like 2on the top portion, a half on the bottom , and also use the remaining turn2. It drops teh front a bit so beter clearance in the rear, and deffinatley firms it up.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need Better Motor Mount than Turn 2 for My car Help!!!! (turbodub)

hockey pucks, for real?
Does anyones turbo have clearance problems with the heat shield in like first and second gear???? HOW DO I FIX THIS TOO??? This is why I want to get rid of the engine movemnet.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,183 Posts
Re: Need Better Motor Mount than Turn 2 for My car Help!!!! (turbodub)

Do you have the WHOLE Turn-2 mount or just the lower "hockey-puck" as mentioned above?
I had the Vibratechnics front mount in my 2.0 Harlequin, and it was not even a CLOSE comparison to the T2 mount.
I like both, but if you have the money, get the V'Technics mount.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Re: Need Better Motor Mount than Turn 2 for My car Help!!!! (96JettaTrek)

Did you get the whole set? I've just put all 3 of them in my car. If it comes down to it, you can just weld a chain from the cross member to the engine. This will stop it from going anywhere. But it will vibrate like crap! My friend uses this method on his RX-7 that runs 11.18!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Need Better Motor Mount than Turn 2 for My car Help!!!! (TurboABA)

I'm with Turbodub on this one, use hockey pucks. We did it on my car and they really stiffen the motor. it feels a lot better than with the turn 2 mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.