VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not sure to call them spikes or not but at around 3,000 Rpms i get theses spikes?

Correct me if I'm wrong but a spike would be a +power, these I get feel like a neg spike, when they happen i feel like I lose power/boost and it has to build back up what ever it lost. I get them through the 2.5k range and upto 3.3.

I noticed though if I give it partial throttle, I'm guessing like 15% they don't really happen

It did this before I replaced the coils and after, mods include short ram air intake, FMIC, and ARP chipping (stock, 91, 93 -does it in all, more noticeable with the higher octane programs)

Any insight / help or ideas and yes searching didn't do much good

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
So not sure to call them spikes or not but at around 3,000 Rpms i get theses spikes?

Correct me if I'm wrong but a spike would be a +power, these I get feel like a neg spike, when they happen i feel like I lose power/boost and it has to build back up what ever it lost. I get them through the 2.5k range and upto 3.3.

I noticed though if I give it partial throttle, I'm guessing like 15% they don't really happen

It did this before I replaced the coils and after, mods include short ram air intake, FMIC, and ARP chipping (stock, 91, 93 -does it in all, more noticeable with the higher octane programs)

Any insight / help or ideas and yes searching didn't do much good

Your N75 might be shot

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Have you checked all your vacuum lines and checked for boost leaks? Also, have you tried running a MBC in parallel with your N75?

·
Registered
299 Posts
My Apr 93 octane flash has had that same kind of feel from day one. It makes good power, but has almost what I'd call a flat spot right in the middle (seat of the pants dyno, anyway).

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Could be a few different things. From your name thing I see you're about 30min away from me. If you want to meet in Manassas one day that I'm out there I could scan it and check it out for you. Whole lot easier to diagnose in person. It does sound like a N75 or WG issue. Could be a surge your feeling though. Do you have a boost guage? if not go pick one up. (you can get them for $20 at AZ, Pepboys or Advance and take about 10min to install.)

Let me know.:peace:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know i have surging issues but im more worried about the spikes.

I'm getting a boost gauge but when CIM releases their GTI vent package so im trying to hold off on buying a boost gauge.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...r-Vent-Pod-amp-Electrical-Boost-Gauge-Package!

If you have a Vag and can scan me that would be great, I'd throw you some money and I can come to you. Dont think its the n75 b/c it does it w/ the stock one and the new n75J from ECS. If its the waste gate that would suck...

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
We can set something up in the next week or so to get you scanned and have a look at what's going on if you want. I don't know you mechanical skills but if you're wastegate is faulty I could send one of my tech's out to you for a lot less than any shop would cost. Scanning and Logging is free, I wouldn't charge you for that. I only charge for special options with VC. :peace:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts