VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade to FMIC.
I don't see a lot of people buying the neuspeed or abd . i know a lot of people hate neuspeed and i really don't want to rep an ABD logo when i am driving. but these kits seem largely bolt-on-in-your-driveway type of install, with no modification to the rebar and they are priced the same @ 995.00
any comments from people that own these or have experience with these? any better brands?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: need FMIC neuspeed or abd comments (lynx8489)

EVO and Forge both have units that fit with "minimal trimming" if that's what you are looking for.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

ABD logo comes off with paint stripper/remover. But.........
Quote, originally posted by 20V-Turbo »
Waste of money when you can get a nice GReddy FMIC for 790$ shipped

is pretty accurate.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: need FMIC neuspeed or abd comments (Seanathan)

which greddy, the 28 or 31? minimal trimming is exactly what i am looking for

·
Banned
5,941 Posts

the smaller type 31 core or just get the evo i did http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Re: need FMIC neuspeed or abd comments (KGilman)

Quote, originally posted by KGilman »
EVO and Forge both have units that fit with "minimal trimming" if that's what you are looking for.

anyone with the forge unit? cause i'm thinking that or dual SMIC's.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts

The Neuspeed FMIC setup is very nice. I would pick this kit due to the fact that the factory rebar remains untouched. Very little trimming is required. Most other kits require you to either replace the OE rebar or hack it to pieces (not to mention the bumper cover). What I don't understand is why most of the aftermarket companies sell a BIG intercooler core which 1/3 or even 1/2 of the frontal area is covered by the bumper cover.
I've designing my own FMIC system. I work with a bunch of mechanical engineers who deal with heat exchange systems on a daily basis so they have the ideal computer programs to run calculations to determine pressure drop, flow rate, etc.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Re: (switch42)

switch42 said:
I did a google search and found it here for $740 does not include shipping cheapest shipping is like $30 =====>http://emotiongarage.com/Merch...reddy I heard there is less trimming if you have a 20th or 337
i just ordered mine like 10 minutes ago.$840 with a turbo timer and shipping............besides if you care about the asthetics of your ride youll go with a greddy.by far the sexiest kit available.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Re: (sk8ordie)

not bad. wonder if you could get some mesh inserts to fit so the intercooler doesn't look so obtrusive

·
Registered
567 Posts

I went with the ABD FMIC & I love it!

Use the link below to see pics of my installation:
http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp...4&T=1
I ordered from ADA Racing Innovations in NJ. They have an ebay store & you can get the kit for a "BUY IT NOW" of $825 I think. I bought it for less than that w/o a reserve

Feel free to IM with any questions

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the EVO FMIC, but in retrospect, I would have gone with the Greddy. Don't get me wrong, the EVO is awesome and easy to install, the Greddy would be better for a bigger turbo down the road because of the way the piping is routed. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 35 Posts