VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf's car was hit in the parking lot...hit and run...
no notes left on the windshield or whatever.....
btw: its a Subaru
Need a dependable body shop, but also good prices - since there's a lot of damage to be repaired.
Things that need to be repainted\repaired - Rear bumper, both rear side fenders, one rear door. I was quoted $1400 at one place I visited, but that's just way too much.
btw: I never had anything like this before, should I claim anything through insurance? Would that raise my payments...etc.?
THx

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (CrisqoT.O.)

Remember anytime you make a claim through your insurance and you don't know who did it, you are responsible for the deductible. The other thing is you may have paid XX amount to your insurance company over however long, but you are just "borrowing" (for lack of a better term) the money from them to pay your shop to fix your car and you will end up paying them back. Sometimes your rates will vary, sometimes not even going up. My advice, if you can afford to fix it, pay for it yourself and your insurance record will remain clean, making you look like a little angel and not a risk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (kiwee)

OH! The bodyshop, you can go check out Martino Bros. They are listed, under Toronto. They are at Jane & Bloor. Hope that helps! Ask for Chris Kolman, HE IS DA MAN! Check out his 2002 1.8T.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (kiwee)

Reg's Auto Refinishing at Kennedy and Danforth.. This guy is awesome been in busy for the past 25 years at the same location.. gives a lifetime warranty on his work and he lives by it too...

·
Banned
5,712 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (pladwa)

L&G Autobody on Yonge st just north of the 401 on the west side of Yonge st.
That shop has been in business longer than I have been alive! Fantastic work! Very good people. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (CrisqoT.O.)

YorkTown Keele and LePage did a fantastic job on my wifes 98 forrester they redid the paint and all was perfect.. ask for Domminic

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (Georg)

if you dont mind the trip up north pfaff bodyworks is top notch.
~spoonie

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (pladwa)

quote:[HR][/HR]Reg's Auto Refinishing at Kennedy and Danforth.. This guy is awesome been in busy for the past 25 years at the same location.. gives a lifetime warranty on his work and he lives by it too... [HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Thats just down the street from where I work. They do some nice work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Need good Bodyshop around GTA area....Richmond Hill, Markham, Thorn ... (Preppy)

Call Frank @ Centre Hill Auto Body.
169 Centre St. East
Richmond Hill, Ont. (416)737-1449.
His shop is always full of Ferraris & Porsches

·
Banned
5,067 Posts

Hi, you can try the body shop that we send all our cars to. The shop is called Pine Star Auto. They are located at 215 Creditstone Rd. in Concord. The # is 905-738-6310. Ask for Frank, and let him know that Carmen from QMR MOTORSPORTS has sent you. He will help you out. If you have any other questions, you can call us at 905-738-6310. Hope everything works out for you and your girlfreind.
Carmen
QMR MOTORSPORTS INC.
http://www.qmrmotorsports.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.