VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, before all the bashing starts. Yes I've searched. I searched here, Google, YouTube, AudiZine. NOTHING.

I checked RossTech and got some info. But nothing specific. Hoping you guys can chime in and help.

What is this Error Code: 00260 - Solenoid Valve 2 (N89): Open or Short to Ground

How do I fix it?

What is the part required to fix it (Part Number)?

TIA,

Jerry

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks like they are telling you to check 2 things:
1) Wiring/Connectors from/to Solenoid Valve 2 (N89) Open or Short to Ground
2) Solenoid Valve 2 (N89) faulty

So maybe its just faulty wiring?...Im hopeful there....

sorry not much help...but ....its a start.

JP

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like they are telling you to check 2 things:
1) Wiring/Connectors from/to Solenoid Valve 2 (N89) Open or Short to Ground
2) Solenoid Valve 2 (N89) faulty

So maybe its just faulty wiring?...Im hopeful there....

sorry not much help...but ....its a start.

JP
Yeah, I got all that from Ross-Tech. Was hoping for something more detailed. Thank though. Once I figure it out I'll post details

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The N89 solenoid is located on the transmission valve body. Not sure if it's replaceable or if the entire valve body has to replaced

09G/09M self study guide
Awesome. Thanks for that. I’m looking into the Solenoids right now. And if the kit I’m looking at has the N89 Solenoid. Will keep you guys updated. The issue I’m having is, a check engine light with the P00260 code and when I’m driving the gear shift indicator goes from D being highlighted to the entire thing P R N D S, being highlighted. Shifting isn’t an issue at the moment. But need (want) to fix it before it does become an issue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O.K.,

After doing a hefty amount of research I've come across a few different Solenoid Kits. My question to you guys out there???

01. Should I only replace the Solenoid I'm getting the Error Code on? N89 (P00260 error code)? $35.00 for the one Solenoid

02. Replace the N89 and N88? Both are the On/Off Valve Solenoids. Which after reading and watching videos, they are supposed to be the ones that rarely fail. $54.00 for both Solenoids

03. Replace all the Solenoids? N88 & N89 (ON/OFF Valves) and N90/N283/N282/N92 AND N91/N93 (Electrical Pressure Control Valves/Modulation Valves)? $200 - $250 for the Modulation Valves/Solenoids + $54.00 for the On/Off Solenoids

04. Replace the Entire Valve Body, around $850.00 - $1200.00, depending who has it in stock

Plus an additional $125.00 - $150.00 for Transmission Service Kit Includes:

6 Liters Transmission Fluid
Transmission Filter Kit with Pan Gasket
Transmission Pan Bolts
Transmission Drain Plug
Transmission Drain Plug Sealing Washer

My Mechanic said he could do this for about $150.00 - $200.00

·
Registered
6 Posts
O.K.,

After doing a hefty amount of research I've come across a few different Solenoid Kits. My question to you guys out there???

01. Should I only replace the Solenoid I'm getting the Error Code on? N89 (P00260 error code)? $35.00 for the one Solenoid

02. Replace the N89 and N88? Both are the On/Off Valve Solenoids. Which after reading and watching videos, they are supposed to be the ones that rarely fail. $54.00 for both Solenoids

03. Replace all the Solenoids? N88 & N89 (ON/OFF Valves) and N90/N283/N282/N92 AND N91/N93 (Electrical Pressure Control Valves/Modulation Valves)? $200 - $250 for the Modulation Valves/Solenoids + $54.00 for the On/Off Solenoids

04. Replace the Entire Valve Body, around $850.00 - $1200.00, depending who has it in stock

Plus an additional $125.00 - $150.00 for Transmission Service Kit Includes:

6 Liters Transmission Fluid
Transmission Filter Kit with Pan Gasket
Transmission Pan Bolts
Transmission Drain Plug
Transmission Drain Plug Sealing Washer

My Mechanic said he could do this for about $150.00 - $200.00
I need to replace the n89 shift solenoid on my VW as well as the shift selector - where did you find these parts I can't locate them anywhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.