VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good solid or a couple websites that I can find quality vw parts. ECS tuning keeps coming up, I'm trying to find a turbo that's not gonna cost me 1200 lol. Amy advice or help wood be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Stay far away from Hans Auto Parts. He sells cheap chinese parts. And his reputation in his business is terrible. Search "Prothe" and you'll see story after story. Lots of good, solid businesses to give your money to out there, but he's not one of them, IMO.

ECS (reviews on them can be mixed but I've never had any issues with them), Deutsche Auto Parts, FCP Euro, German Auto Parts, those are a good place to start.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
For stock items, I agree with what was mentioned above:

For aftermarket turbo, etc., I have been using:

Of course, going to Garrett at Garrett Motion is a cutting-edge technology provider (for example) and searching for vendors works. The prices won't be that different between vendors. Faster spool for me has been the GTX series. For a 300hp turbo, I enjoyed the GT28R "disco potato" in my old Cabriolet (1.8t).

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It looks like the line going from whatever that metal part is is the one that was cut in half. I mean there's so much oil all over my engine and down near the bottom of the car it's insane. I have to order it turbo install kit but I wanted to see if I needed new hoses or that little housing piece. so I'm hoping somebody on here will be able to help me out and tell me what that is. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just curious how much drive time I can actually get once I start losing oil and losing boost. I would imagine probably not very long at all but I like to get as many opinions as possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
first off making 3 new threads in an hour is not the right way to get help.

it really depends. There is no way to tell. Is there alot of smoke coming out of the exhaust? how much oil are you losing? You can take the inlet pipe off the turbo and swipe your finger across the cold side and see if there is a pool of oil or just a little. Is there alot of oil in the charge pipes or intercooler? Until you start checking things there is no way to really tell. It could die tomorrow or it could last the rest of the year.

As for replacement there is a ****load of information on how to do it if you google a little bit. Pelican Parts has a decent write up that will get you going in the right direction.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oil flows to the turbo, so, I would say no, don't drive it at all until you fix that line. You're driving with low or no oil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts