VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says I'm looking at getting a turbo timer for my car, Now I don't constantly race my car but it does get driven everyday and to persive the power house of my baby I want something to prtect her and keep the true power of the turbo for as long as I can, so that's where the decision of a turbo timer comes in.
I'm looking at the Blitz Dual Timer Type DC (digital compact). I wanted to get a boost gauge so I figured this would fill both of my wants/needs. I want to know two things though:
1: Will this void my warranty?
2: How hard and what will I need to get this installed?
Thanx

· Registered
1990 Corrado G60, 2019 GTI 6MT
1,883 Posts
Re: (newbuddy)

You sure about that?
The immobilizer can't function with a turbo timer in a MKV VW... key is out of the ignition etc.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2296968
Besides, unless you've just autocrossed, raced someone 5 sec before getting home, or live directly off the autobahn, you shouldn't need a turbo timer.

Tech article from VW about the 2.0T:
Cooling System
To prevent carbon build-up on the turbine shaft in the turbocharger, an auxiliary coolant pump provides additional coolant circulation for a certain time after the engine is shut off hot. The pump forces the lower temperature coolant against the normal direction of flow. The coolant flows from the radiator through the turbocharger to the engine block and back to the cooler.

· Registered
2,129 Posts
Re: (corradokidg60)

Quote, originally posted by corradokidg60 »
Cooling System
To prevent carbon build-up on the turbine shaft in the turbocharger, an auxiliary coolant pump provides additional coolant circulation for a certain time after the engine is shut off hot. The pump forces the lower temperature coolant against the normal direction of flow. The coolant flows from the radiator through the turbocharger to the engine block and back to the cooler.

did not know that, very interesting/good news.

· Registered
760 Posts
Re: (corradokidg60)

Quote, originally posted by corradokidg60 »
You sure about that?
The immobilizer can't function with a turbo timer in a MKV VW... key is out of the ignition etc.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2296968
Besides, unless you've just autocrossed, raced someone 5 sec before getting home, or live directly off the autobahn, you shouldn't need a turbo timer.

Cooling System

Zactly....
Im sure the snail still blushes brightly....but all that is needed is keep it off the turbo a couple miles from where you are going. Even autoX won't make it red....so don't worry. Just keep your oil synthetic and you won't have issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.