VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Need Help Finding the Oil Pressure Switch, 2.5L 2007 Rabbit / Low Oil Pressure Light

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GTI's 
#1 ·
Hey all, I recently bought a mk5 Rabbit 2.5 for my girlfriend, and the other day the oil pressure light turned on. I figured it was just low oil level causing the pressure drop, and took it in to get the oil changed since it needed to be done anyways. After the oil change, the pressure light has remained on. I basically parked it at her house and it hasn't been driven for a few days since. I didn't hear any knocks or noises that would indicate its oil pickup was failing, so
I figured I would just try to do the easiest and cheapest thing first to try to fix the problem, and ordered a oil pressure sensor. Now that I have it, I have no idea where to find the pressure switch/sensor. I've tried looking online, but can't really find anything decent.

I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, so when I get underneath a car I don't always know what each little connector and line does. Any help with a diagram or picture showing the location of that sensor would be much appreciated. Also, any input as to what else might be causing the low oil pressure light to come on would be appreciated. Thank you!

#2 ·

If you look above the oil filter housing, you should see the sensor. Marked on the L/S of this picture. This is looking from the bottom of the vehicle straight up. The front of the car is the top of the picture. Hope it helps.

This was from when I added my aftermarket pressure gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.