VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Need Help HeadLight Question....... (erikm)

i appreciate the help but i got the wiring kit myself from the dealer, i was just wondering if someone had the directions from a kit they bought

· Registered
2017 Golf Alltrack is38
918 Posts
Re: Need Help HeadLight Question....... (TheFNMan)

I bought my e-codes from http://www.northerneuropeanautomotive.com an bought the wiring kit from AWE an neither supplied any sort of wiring instructions....they basically said, grab a test light or multi meter an go for it. I unclipped the wires from the old harness an used a multimeter. the brown wire should be ground, so hook the negative probe to that, there should be 3 other wires, high, low, fog (didn't use this wire cause no fog light in e-codes, could use to wire city light if you wanted i think) an just test those wire one at a time to see which ones which. And on the new harness just match up the holes with the wires in the housing. I installed mine this way, an took 1.5 hours cause I blew a low beam fuse an didn't know it, so that thru me off for a while, an also, I duno why, but my low beams stay on when I put on my high beams, I don't think thats supposed to happen, but it doesn't bother me any

Modified by BahnFIRE at 2:32 AM 1-15-2004

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.