VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey allll
uhh my car is doin some crazy stuff and i'm not too sure whats goin on. it's a 2003 gti 1.8t ..when i turn on my headlights occasionally the highbeam indicator on the dash and the turnsignal lights on the dash come one and stay on...at this point the headlights are not on and then after a few seconds they go away and the headlights come back on. at the same time this is happening my windshield wipers will go part of the way up the windshield and then freeze (come to a stop where they are)...i try to turn the wipers on to get them to come back down and nothing. it usually lasts for maybe 30seconds or so... this happens when turning the lights on, attempting to put my high beams on, sometimes while using a turn signal and sometimes just out of no where... i checked fuses, took my euroswitch out and put in the stock switch and nothing has helped.. please send some advice my way..thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Re: need help headlight/turnsig/wiper problems (skate1point8)

I had the exact same screwed up symptoms. It turned out to be a loose ground. Look down on the drivers side of your battery box where your CAI goes into the fender. There should be two wires held down by a single nut on top of a plastic thingydo (probably underneath the CAI pipe). Mine was loose and I had the exact same symptoms. Tightened it up, symtoms are gone.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: need help headlight/turnsig/wiper problems (skate1point8)

oh hell yeah...thanks for the advice i'll check it out asap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts