VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GTI Mk7 Autobahn
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2015 GTI Mk7 Autobahn earlier this year but, after discovering the audio sounded nowhere near as good as my partner's 2015 Mk7 SE, I noticed something was a bit off. First, the infotainment system has no NAV button (I have mute, like the non Autobahn systems), and while I have the Fender logo on my speakers, I don't get the "Fender Premium Audio" logo popping up on the screen when car starts like my partner's SE of the same year.

Being new to the VW family, I don't fully understand all the details but, when looking at the Device part number, this is what I get:

Device Part Number: 3Q0035844B
Hardware 722
Software: 0867

Is all this an indicator that my sound system was somehow swapped out, and do you have any guidance on what steps I can take to find/install the good stuff?
Also, when trying to locate the correct firmware update, I'm being asked for an MIB version. I can't seem to decipher what I have. I appreciate anything you can tell me!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Looks like you have an MIB2 installed. 2015 received the MIB1 system that most people dislike for the lack of carplay and android auto. To me, it sounds like they may not have coded this correctly to work with your stock Fender amp under your drivers seat. I would suggest finding someone good with VCDS and confirming that the amp is still accessible and if the radio was coded right for the correct output type for the amp. The amp should be a separate module on the can bus unrelated to the radio.

·
Registered
2015 GTI Mk7 Autobahn
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you have an MIB2 installed. 2015 received the MIB1 system that most people dislike for the lack of carplay and android auto. To me, it sounds like they may not have coded this correctly to work with your stock Fender amp under your drivers seat. I would suggest finding someone good with VCDS and confirming that the amp is still accessible and if the radio was coded right for the correct output type for the amp. The amp should be a separate module on the can bus unrelated to the radio.
Thank you! Do you think somewhere like an CarToys would be able to look at and potentially resolve the issue? I don't know anyone personally with the experience of VCDS and coding/installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.