VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, ive searched, replaced, ect ect
00 jetta 1.8t, giac chip basic stock turbo mods. k03s
before was able to get spike of 23-24ish hold up near 20 reg stock turbo stuff.
i started to get a mis under boost only above 8psi, now i cant get past 10psi and it mis's going into limp. this is every gear ect. cant get past 10psi in low 5th anything. sometimes i can get 10 and hold for alittle no mis threw some gears. (this is once in awhile if i go from high rpm already) it is always mising under load now
i just did plugs and all new coils, i unplugged my maf also to try that. all the same mis and cant get any more boost outta of it.
any ideas on what to try? map? injector cause it to 'break up'?

Modified by papa at 11:49 AM 7-10-2009

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Need help! Mis under boost (papa)

did you gap the plugs correctly at .028 MAX?? if not you could of put a lot of stress on the coils and byebye coils....
-maf and map.
-vacuum and boost leaks
hope this helps

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Need help! Mis under boost (themachasy)

threw autolites in this time i think?
i dont get why if it doesnt mis for a pull i still have break 10psi no noise's or anything just wont go

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (ethorman)

no i have a 00 just a solder on chip tune for a couple years ago. havent messed with it
it just happened one day, now it just doesnt wanna go. its almost like the car is 'breaking up' most of the time. no mis at idle or no boost

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Re: (papa)

check for cracks in your coil pack harness... thats what happened with me and i had to replace the harness. any exposed wires near the coil packs = arcing = need a new harness. its only 50 bucks but it sucks pulling the old one out and putting the new one in... hope this helps

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Need help! Mis under boost (BlancoNino)

yeah im going to check the harness, thanks.
it was doing it before the plugs, i threw them in with the new coils. but i might throw a different set in if i cant get any where

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Re: Need help! Mis under boost (papa)

get the proper ngk or denso's (properly gapped) in there. if you've been boosting that high for a few years no issue then it's definitely a failed piece of hw. vag-com to see what's up. also, 23-24 spike is tad high. i'd tone that down a bit to be safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.