VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal, me and my cousin swapped a vr6 dizzy out of his old coupe into the new coupe. In the old coupe it ran fine besides our vaccum leak. But ounce we put it in the new coupe it starts up fine at first and runs smoothly for about 4 to 8 sec ,i can rev it fine no choke ups. After those first few seconds it starts to run kinda ruff, you can hear it stuttering and it's harder for it rev up. It does this for about 4 to 8 sec aswe'll like a cycle of smooth and ruff. and there's nice a mount of smoke coming out the exhaust and i can smell fuel. All i did was switch out the engine from car to car. The only thing that comes to mind is the fuel filter perhaps/ or fuel pump?.
.I don't understand it ran in the other coupe fine. BTW car is 1989 jetta coupe. Thanks

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need help Misfire on dizzy vr6 swap? (ATL_VR6)

That has also come to float, it seems when we did the swap last time the ground from the starter to the frame rail isn't attached like last time but i kinda figured maybe it didn't have that much to do with it so i ignored i geuss but if that is for sure possible then amen.
. what major grounds do i need hooked up from where to where details?.

Modified by hondaguy!! at 6:31 PM 11-28-2006

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Re: Need help Misfire on dizzy vr6 swap? (hondaguy!!)

starter/alternator/battery/back of the head are the major points that need to be addressed. Make sure everyhing is good and secure. Everything else is done mostly through the harness. Lemme know what other details you are looking for.
-Kyle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.