VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the car since it had 22,000 miles on it. I drive it every day and make about 5-10 stops each day and drive about 50-80miles every day. I have used synth. and changed often but other than the air filter have done nothing to it. I am going to chip it this month(wetterauer) and would like to make sure that I follow up with the proper maintenence and care it needs or is due. All suggestions greatly welcome. I now havw 51,000 miles on it.
-Bought in 09/02 @ 22,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Re: need help on 2001 passat 1.8t (willyvw)

Also as a rule of thumb, be sure to let the car idle a little bit after you drive it hard to let the turbo cool down. With all of the new power from the chip, you will probably be driving it a little harder than before.
Or you could invest in a turbo timer, either way just let it cool down before you shut off the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: need help on 2001 passat 1.8t (cooleremail)

turbo timer? I use my car for work, i am a outside sales rep. would this cooldown period be long?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Re: need help on 2001 passat 1.8t (willyvw)

As far as I know is that you turn the car off and the timer keeps oil flowing to the turbo for a little while until it cools down. So you don't need to be in the car while it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts