VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay finished polishing my mani, I used some crap at auto zone called mothers metal polisher but i think its weak.. What other metal polishers is there so i can get this thing looking shiny. Also please tell me where It can be purchased.. thanks

Modified by becones at 11:23 PM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need help on polished manifold (VdubVr6PowR)

i did it up to 2000 and trust me i did alot of work i just need a polisher compound

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: Need help on polished manifold (becones)

if you go to http://www.eastwood.com they have an entire section of their website dedicated to polishing, and the products are described. It will tell you if you're trying to do this...then use this... You should be able to find exactly what you need on there. I know that 3m, Dupont, and Eagle One have very good metal polishing compounds.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need help on polished manifold (reynolds9000)

thanks... if lets say i do use these compounds would it get much shinier then what it is.. I would hate to purchase it and the same out come would be the same..

·
Registered
25,009 Posts

if you have a buffer wheel you can use Blue Magic metal polish or Eagle One. I like the eagle one because it's a paste, where are blue magic is kind of liquidy. You'll see incredible results if you use one of the products i mentioned. Also, you can use this stuff called Semi Chrome. It's a metal polish from Germany, actually. You can get it at motorcycle shops and automotive stores also. It comes in a toothpaste type of tube, and works very well. You'll get almost a mirror finish if you use one of these products(and probably others too, i just have hands on experience with these). So get your buffer and start buffing!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

see i have a buffer borrowed it from a friend, and I dont think i used it correctly .. imma sand the mani a lil more now.. and then try to buffer it out again..

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

there's a company that sells on ebay, called jestco. They sell all kinds of polishing products. Got an awesoem polishing setup from the at a good price. You're almost there though. But that mother's stuff isn't going to work. You need real polishing compounds.

Modified by kreuzer at 8:43 PM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Re: Need help on polished manifold (kreuzer)

The stuff I use is Wenol. http://www.wenolit.com Black and White Rouge (Compound) then the metal polish to keep em clean (toothpaste tube). Eagle one is junk, mothers is junk, 3m is good, blue magic crap is junk. I used them all, Wenol/Eastwood stuff owns.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Need help on polished manifold (Ghetto-8v)

on the jestco products, the bar type compound.. how does that work...?

·
Registered
25,273 Posts

It's a polish in a clay like form. You take the buffing wheel, get it up to speed, touch it to the compound, go over your alumnium with it and it buffs it.

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Re: Need help on polished manifold (koston.)

Mother's is only a cleaner and very light polisher. Anything works well on stuff that is buffed. But u need the compounds and wheels to get it there.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

okay have a problem I i used another type of polisher for fine jewlery but still theses some dull marks .. like dull streaks on certain places what is the cause of that and what can be done..? did i sand too much or did i sand too little in those spots.? Another thing our manifolds are they made out of aluminum .?

Modified by becones at 1:40 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
25,273 Posts

Definetly aluminum. Those streaks are there cause you need to buff the manifold. They will go away and BLING with the compound and wheel.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

okay thanks Imma just keep on buffering then

1 - 16 of 16 Posts