VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running my car at ThunderHill on Monday and I had massive crank pressure buildup that pushed 3 quarts of oil out my dipstick hole. The funny thing is the car is at DSR and we did a compression check and there is only 5% leakage which is not bad at all. What I'm trying to find out is if there is a PCV valve or ventilation valve that will let pressure out. In that case I might have a clog somewhere in the engine. I'm running a Z charger and wondering if anyone who had FI has had any problem like this? I would appreciate any help or info on this Please. Thanks guy's

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Re: Need Help Please Read FI guy's and NA (vr6willeatyou)

Yep there is a PCV valve on the firewall side or the valve cover, right near the TB. Sounds like you might be pushing some boost to her. Doesn't the Z come with some sort of check valve for that thing. DSR should be able to figure that out right away though. I don't get it

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Need Help Please Read FI guy's and NA (CorradoKidd)

There trying to find out if there is some other pressure relief valve, It's just weird that my car is doing this and the compression is fine. I think they checked that one on the firewall, but is there anything coming from the crank area that would relieve pressure. I'm not running alot of boost, and there is no check valve. There must be a clog or something. I can't figure it out, normally if I had blown a ring it would be doing this but I only have 5% leakage in all six cylinders. Actually Dick from DSR asked me to post and see if anyone else had this problem or can help us with this pressure release. I appreciate the help thus far

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Re: Need Help Please Read FI guy's and NA (SCVR6)

depends on where you route the breather pipe back to the Z charger....
its easy to route it inbetween the charger intake and the strut tower, but you can find that it gets nipped or kinked shut if on hard acceleration your whole engine rocks back - thus not allowing crankcase pressure to escape.
What front engine mount you got?
Cheers.
Jules

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Need Help Please Read FI guy's and NA (jcorallo)

My car is a OBDII does it have that same breather pipe? Is it the pipe that would of gone from the charger tube into the crank case? I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I have a turn 2 front mount on the car. We can't find out why it is doing this. So there is supposed to be a breather tube that goes from the charger to the engine? I don't think I got that piece on my car. I have actually seen other cars with it. I have the carbon fiber hoses not the samco, could that be the problem? This is driving me crazy
I know there is a PCV valve and is there something else that relieaves crank case pressure?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.