VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed their center console and arm rest before?? I am going to be replacing the carpet in my Jetta the end of this week and will have to remove these parts.
The front half appears to be held on by 5 screws, but I did not find any screws for the rear half.
Also, what holds in the shift boot??

[Modified by MAtkisson, 9:23 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's) / '21 SQ5 (on order)
40,478 Posts
Re: Need help removing center console...... (MAtkisson)

Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Haynes (or Hayes, can't remember) book for your auto. I had 1 for my old Corolla and it rocked. Basically told you how to dismantle your entire car. I'm pretty sure they write them for VWs.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Re: Need help removing center console...... (idburns)

what you need is the Bentley Manual... its what idburns is talking about. i dont think you can get them from any stores.. they have them on Amazon.com for like fifty dollars... maybe someone here can scan the couple pages you need...i have one, but no scanner.
i just went searching for it on Amazon.com, i could only find up to 1998.. someone had a link to the 99, 2000, 2001 manual...

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need help removing center console...... (turborave)

Thanks for the link, but I was hoping someone out there who has already done this could give me a first-hand account of what needs to be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts