VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an '09 Jetta, 2.5L, which I have owned and have proudly maintained myself for over ten years. It has 113,000 miles. Hoping someone could help me troubleshoot two codes.

Have had P0106 MAP off and on for over a year. Last year I bought a MAS sensor, but after searching and searching am now convinced that no such sensor exists on my particular model. If it does, could someone point me to its location in the engine bay? If the problem is not the MAP Sensor (or it simply does not exists), is replacing the PVC valve the next logical step?

Then last week, I completely lost power while trying to accelerate. Engine was still running, just no acceleration. Lasted for about five seconds, and has not occurred since. The event triggered P0333, Knock Sensor 2 Circuit High, Bank 2. Reset the code, but today the code came back. Do you believe this is simply the senor going bad, or is the sensor trying to warn me of a larger problem? How many Knock Sensors does this car have and where are they located?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This Video will guide you to your MAP sensor. If you find excessive oil replacing the valve cover, which contains the PCV might be a consideration. There are reports that the PCV repair kits do not always make a reliable repair.
I have read that about the pvc repair. Do you know why it’s better to replace the valve cover instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you the reply. I spent around $100 at Rock Auto for both Knock Sensors, PVC Valve, and MAP Sensor + $40 at Auto Zone for a torque wrench for the knock sensors. Found no excessive oil. Straight forward replacements thanks to this and other DIY posts on this site. Definitely running much stronger and check engine light has been off for about a week so far. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts