VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding some wheels that would look good on my car. If someone is good with photoshop and could edit some wheels into the pic to show me that would be great!

I want either 16's or 17's. I will be running an air bag suspension soon.

[Modified by 86Scirocco16v, 1:26 PM 4-7-2002]

[Modified by 86Scirocco16v, 1:27 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Re: Need Help: Wheels (86Scirocco16v)

umm....
why do you want to run airbags? you would be better off on a suspension that handles good...at least thats my view.
here are some wheels that might give you an idea, at least in 16s, Im anti-17s for a scirocco.

[Modified by JoshmkII, 1:43 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need Help: Wheels (JoshmkII)

For one...Adjustablility at the touch of a button. I think it will make my rocco stick out from the rest. Air bags still have good handling, its not like I'm racing it. Even if I was racing around town alot of imports run air bags and have no problems. I'm turning my scirocco into a full show car, TV's, PS2. DVD, and one hell of a sound system. The point of this thread was to show me wheels that you think will look good not to ask my why I choose to go with airbags

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

hmm..
quote:[HR][/HR]airbags, TV's, PS2. DVD.........[HR][/HR]​
that stuff doesnt make a show car man, that just makes it a honda.

(but yes, I can understand you doing it, so Im resisiting the "R" word.
)

[Modified by JoshmkII, 1:49 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hmmm....you do realize that airbags, tvs, ps2, dvd have notin to do with honda's. If you are refering to honda's doing the same stuff then my car could be catoragized as a surburban, tahoe, and just about every other car made.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]ahh!
but do you want your car to be like " just about every other car made....." or do you want it to be a a kick a$$ mkII Scirocco?
[HR][/HR]​
But do I want my kick a$$ mkII scirocco to be like every other kick a$$ mkII scirocco?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Need Help: Wheels (Bob16v)

WTF! I dont get all of you people. Those mods have not a damn thing to do with "rice" or "hondas". If you want to talk about rice...well you put lowering springs on...you are "ricing" your car out. Hmm...bodykits? Sounds like rice since honda's have body kits. Turbos...uh oh rice again. Carbon fiber poop...rice again. Well damn when you think about it every car is notin but a honda or rice

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

bah, somebody had to go use the "R" word. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

.........anyways, did any of those wheels tickle yer colon?

[Modified by JoshmkII, 3:39 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
506 Posts

Ease up there, buddy...I got a modded show-rocco, too, and I dont nor anyone else that I know of has called me a rice person. Ive been true to the game for about 15 years know, and got the mags, trophies, and "nice car" comments to prove it. So dont despair!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
517 Posts

I think the point Josh was trying to make is that generally the Scirocco crowd is proud of not being attraced by all the modern stuff that belongs in your living room. If you want to do all that to your car, thats cool, but you're going to get negative responses across the board in here. Personally, thats why I stay away from the MkIII and IV forums, because thats not why I drive a Scirocco. Not to slam you, because thats not my intention, but you're going to get negative feedback to putting that stuff in your car in this forum.
To get back to the topic, those first wheels Josh posted would look totally bad ass.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

There's literally a hundred+ rims that'll fit the 'Rocco...most all are super...except for the Teddy Graham and the Daisy style. It's all a matter of your taste. We could help with pix, etc. but its your car and money....don't worry what others think of you and your style. Go for it.
Personally, BBS or Abt rims are sweet and in flavor with the marque.

·
Registered
541 Posts

....The point of this thread was to show me wheels that you think will look good not to ask my why I choose to go with airbags
[/QUOTE]
Josh did just that by giving you about 20 photos of cool looking wheels. With the list of mods you mentioned, maybe you can put some huge spacers on, get the wheels outside the wheel wells and go for some 19's or 20's.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

I think showing-caring a rocco is cool. Better to see it taken care of and loved then heading for the crusher. I have never seen a rocco with all those high tech goodies in it. I think it would be neat. You go to shows and you see all sorts of makes and models with all the super-tech installs, but never Scirocco's. Way to make yours stand out man!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.