VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Touareg Executive Edition and drove from Washington DC to Atlanta GA with no related issues. The next day engine was sluggish during initial start up but ran great. Today I started the SUV and the check engine light came on and my T-Mobile Sync Up showed vehicle status displaying multiple misfires fault code P0300, then 0301/0303/0306/0302/0305 all but cylinder #4 misfiring, can someone please tell me what is going on? I have a VW Service appointment Sept 10th for an all day inspection, I told them about the misfire status. The Auto Broker who sold me the SUV said that the engine coils were changed and I don't believe them.

·
Registered
2016 Golf R, 2001 Cabrio VR6
1,106 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 Touareg Executive Edition and drove from Washington DC to Atlanta GA with no related issues. The next day engine was sluggish during initial start up but ran great. Today I started the SUV and the check engine light came on and my T-Mobile Sync Up showed vehicle status displaying multiple misfires fault code P0300, then 0301/0303/0306/0302/0305 all but cylinder #4 misfiring, can someone please tell me what is going on? I have a VW Service appointment Sept 10th for an all day inspection, I told them about the misfire status. The Auto Broker who sold me the SUV said that the engine coils were changed and I don't believe them.
How many miles on it?

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
2017 with misfires, odd

On my 2011 CC 4 cylinder I had misfires. I replaced coils and plugs. It turned out to be an injector issue.

I bet the dealership you bought it from changed the coils but it was something more involved. These coils don’t go bad that easily unless they bought the cheapest pieces of crap imaginable or used crap plugs.

Might be worth throwing oem plugs $14 or so each and coils ($25-$40 each) at it if the tech says they are crap parts in there.

If it’s an injector the spark plugs will reflect the issue and will have build up on one or two is my guess.

A good tech will figure it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2017 with misfires, odd

On my 2011 CC 4 cylinder I had misfires. I replaced coils and plugs. It turned out to be an injector issue.

I bet the dealership you bought it from changed the coils but it was something more involved. These coils don’t go bad that easily unless they bought the cheapest pieces of crap imaginable or used crap plugs.

Might be worth throwing oem plugs $14 or so each and coils ($25-$40 each) at it if the tech says they are crap parts in there.

If it’s an injector the spark plugs will reflect the issue and will have build up on one or two is my guess.

A good tech will figure it out.

Thanks I really appreciate the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.