VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help wiring up a halogen headlight to a LED headlight from a 10pin connector to a 14pin?
It looks kinda straight forward but I’m having trouble understanding the rang control motor. My car dont have a range control module just a in cabin level adjuster. So I’m assuming the LED headlights are set to a continuous adjustment attitude as to a set value but I’m sure it can still function the same.

Halogen unit

LED unit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So Iv figured out that the rang control levelling motors in the LED units are completely different to the halogen units.
I have a thought that the LED motors use a 4 wire step motor where it would make it completely impossible to use the 5V-9V that the In cabin level dial uses to adjust the halogens. So I believe the best thing to do is just leave the range control disconnected and remove the level controller and just have the headlights in a fixed position.
Just to make it clear, even if you buy a harness 10 to 14pin adapter, you still wont have full function so ya best just to save ya money and just reconnect a 14pin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.