VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I notice a difference from playing with the throttle afterwards? I moved it to te right about half a turn ( started with 1/8 like it says in the bently ) and want half a turn from the 0 position again to the left. I didnt notice a difference at idle, and when i gave it some throttle i didnt see any difference there either. which was it lean which ways is rich? and my car idles erraticly at first and bogs down. I cleaned everything but i dont think my airfuel is correct and i dont have a airfuel gauge. what do i do?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Re: need help with air/fuel mixture on distributor. (eastcoastdubs)

counterclockwise is lean and clockwise is richer I believe. Maybe somebody can verify that?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: need help with air/fuel mixture on distributor. (The_Jerbel)

thanks, bump. which way should i turn it if I have idle problems? and how much before a test drive. i dont want to have a glowing header like the one guy

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Don't turn that adjustment screw without a multimeter hooked up to the DPR! Measure it at operating temp. - the lower the mA the richer the mixture. If you want a good idle, set it to 5 mA. Check your 02 sensor.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: need help with air/fuel mixture on distributor. (Trav)

quote:[HR][/HR]Don't turn that adjustment screw without a multimeter hooked up to the DPR! Measure it at operating temp. - the lower the mA the richer the mixture. If you want a good idle, set it to 5 mA. Check your 02 sensor.[HR][/HR]​
the bently says i should have that special hook up device thing and not use the multimeter direct. please explain exactly which leads i touch to which terminals with the DPR. thanks

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

eastcoastdubs,
You need two books;
1. the Bentley for your car
2. Bosch Fuel Injection & Engine Management
Good luck,
fat biker

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: need help with air/fuel mixture on distributor. (Trav)

quote:[HR][/HR]Go here for the answers you need:
http://www.iders.com/alexweb/
You'll thank me....or at least you should[HR][/HR]​
holy idling baman! thanks trav, that is exactly what i need. and it helps with the idle shtuff too. i owe you a

1 - 12 of 12 Posts