VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will attempt to install the new adjustable rear sway this weekend. I have questions about the "adjustable" part of the install. The original Autotech sways obviously didn't have any adjustment. I guess the firmness level would be "standard". Well the new rear sway has 3 configurations you can put it in. Firm, Standard, Soft. Short of installing each piece to test them out, what would be considered "medium" setting? Just because "standard" is in the middle doesn't make it medium since the original setting has always been standard. I'm trying to compare it to Neuspeed's medium.
This is the best way I can describe the situation. Does it make sense?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
It's really tough to say, as the contribution the sway bar will make varies significantly depending on what other mods you have. Suspension, ride height, tires, etc. etc. It's probably best and safest to start with their softest setting, then work your way stiffer. That way you don't encounter any sudden snap oversteer that might be unexpected.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. The only other other mods to suspension are: H&R Sports with Bilstein Sports, Neuspeed upper strut tower bar, Yarrowsport rear stress bar. Tires are Kumho 712's.
I'll most likely go firm and work my way down. That way I will know what it feels like. Don't worry, I won't wimp around corners like a mad man, etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts