VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the problem. i can only get fluid out of the rear passanger side caliper and the drivers side front caliper. nothing come out of the other 2 calipers and the presure will not realse from those when then bleeder valve is opened. anyone have any ideas. thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: need help with brake bleeding (pt_08)

I started a thread on this just last week and Yetiman posted a good set of instructions for ABS cars. Check it out.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: need help with brake bleeding (VR66m!)

i don;t have abs. isi the procedure different for cars with out abs. i also called my mechanic and he said that you need a tool that you hook up to an air source to create a vacum in the lines. it that true

·
Registered
506 Posts

I don't think you do. The Bentley manual provides instructions for bleeding with and without a power bleeder. Have someone pump the brake pedal til it gets firm (about 20 times) and then they hold the pedal down. Then you turn the screw. Start with the rear passenger side and move your way to closer to the resevoir.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts

I'm not sure whats going on or what method you are using, you should have no problem whatsoever on either of the front calipers. The back ones can be tricky because of the proportioning valve if you don't tie it up.
Pressure bleeding is the way to go. The ones that connect to the master cylinder that you pump up are the best, what i use is a hand operated vacume pump at the bleeder to suck the fluid out.
Again, i don't know why no fluid would flow in the front unless something is pretty wrong.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: need help with brake bleeding (YetiMan)

You probily have crud...Whens the last time you changed the fluid? Have someone pump bout 30x's w/ the eng. running, hold down the pedal, get a finishing nail to push into the port once you open it. It's most likely clogged, or jammed.

·
Registered
529 Posts

just make sure you dont push the it to the floor when you bleed them. only about half way or else youll be paying for a lot more stuff than just brake fluid.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: need help with brake bleeding (whatsacorrado2)

i gave up and took it to the garage and he said that my master cylinder went bad from sitting too long with out fluid in it. i did not know that could happen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts