VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 2004.5 GLI 1.8t. My car threw a CEL about two weeks ago. When i ran the codes it had one for the camshaft position sensor, one for the secondary air injection, and one for the camshaft position sensor. I cleared all the codes and the light came back on. The only code that came back was the camshaft position sensor P0340 i believe. I drove the car for a week and out of nowhere it just shut off on me while driving. All the lights on my dashboard were flashing (traction control, battery light, engine light, etc.) I tried to jump it just to see if it would turn over and still nothing. I rolled it down a small hill and tryed to pop start it...still nothing. So I had it towed to my house and I replaced the cam position sensor AND the crankshaft position just to be safe. but now the car still won't start...

The engine is cranking and you can hear the pistons moving but it just can't get the juice to start. After failing to start it 3 times, i noticed a loud vaccuum like noise coming from the engine when i turned the key off...but my car would do that every other morning when it actually started and didn't have the CEL, and then once it warmed up the sound would go away. :confused:

Anybody know what's going on? Any ideas?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Bad fuel pump? Bad spark plugs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.