VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a sachs clutch for my 97 jetta k7012801. to my dismay another website said i need k7012803 and that the original was for the 1.9 liter.mjm warehouse said it was for 2.0 Is it possible to use this clutch anyways? it also stated that certain vins need to replace the flywheel if (210mm Flywheel must be changed up to VIN: 1H-R-061 339 to #027 105 271P if vehicle is equipped with a LUK flywheel made in Mexico). my vin is VWSB8IH2VMO63706. I have no idea if this is in that range or not. Please advise Thanks for any Help. This is my first clutch job and i looks like im in for a challenge.

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Re: Need Help With Clutch!!!!97 Jetta 2.0L (xitnu_2)

Quote, originally posted by xitnu_2 »
I recently bought a sachs clutch for my 97 jetta k7012801. to my dismay another website said i need k7012803 and that the original was for the 1.9 liter.mjm warehouse said it was for 2.0

Can you post the links to the pages? I found the page with the MJM kit, the k7012801 kit, where was the other place?
Actually, MJM list both kits, both listed as fitting the same cars, and both listed as having the same stuff inside. The pics show one with a TO and one without a TO bearing, but the item descriptions state both come with a TO bearing. If I had to guess, maybe one is a nickel-plated hub, and the other is not, but that is just a guess. I would call MJM and ask what the difference is in the 2 kits if I were you. Both appear to be the one for your car though.
Quote, originally posted by xitnu_2 »
it also stated that certain vins need to replace the flywheel if (210mm Flywheel must be changed up to VIN: 1H-R-061 339 to #027 105 271P if vehicle is equipped with a LUK flywheel made in Mexico). my vin is VWSB8IH2VMO63706. I have no idea if this is in that range or not. Please advise

I'm not positive, but it would appear the cars up to 061339 would need the different flywheel. The early MK3 cars were still using the old 2-pin flywheels, and the change was made at some point in the MK3 years, but I thought it was in 94-95.... anyway, they changed to a single pin flywheel....

Your VIN is 063706, so your car was built after that number, and I would venture a guess that you have the basic single pin MK3 flywheel.
Just call MJM and ask about the 2 kits, if it is just a nickel hub difference and they cost the same, get the plated hub

Broke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.