VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a few compression ratio calculations but, I'm missing a few of the numbers I need. Has anybody out there cc'd a 16v head? What's the stock chamber volume? Are 2.0L and 1.8L chamber volumes the same? What the compressed thickness of a stock head gasket?

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: Need help with compression ratio calculations. (ABA Scirocco)

several months ago when my head was redone the shop measured everything and came back with 10.4:1 with my rebuilt 2.0L / 1.8 head. I was told the head was cc'd, I don't have documentation but I recall them mentioning 48--I think that may have been 48mm. I am not very familiar with cc'ing but they told me that they measure the chambers and match them to the largest one.
When spoke with the folks at Techtonics about head gaskets and the two brands they mentioned had slightly different thicknesses. They recommended a Goetze gasket. .90 is in my head but I'm not sure if that's correct..
I'm sure someone else here can give you better info, I should have paid more attention

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.