VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’re working on getting my A4 back on the road after an engine swap and are trying to find where connections go...

Off the alternator the cable that charges the battery ... anyone know where it connects to? The one with the “L” shaped connector (see picture)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I could be totally wrong, but that looks like the one that grounds to the body. I think its under the passenger side frame rail...? Worth checking.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be totally wrong, but that looks like the one that grounds to the body. I think its under the passenger side frame rail...? Worth checking.
Thank you for the attempt, after staring at it and scratching our heads for a bit, I remembered that it hugs the back of the engine and connects to the top most post of the alternator.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Thank you for the attempt, after staring at it and scratching our heads for a bit, I remembered that it hugs the back of the engine and connects to the top most post of the alternator.

Ahh yeah, my fault. I totally forgot the alternator was on that side on the 1.8. duh. Glad you got it fixed though :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts