VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of replacing the headliner in my 2006 GTI and have a question about the three vertically arrayed metal B-pillar trim clips (2 door), the ones located just in fromt of the rear window). When I got the trim off, all of the metal clips except one stayed attached to the car body. The one that didn't was barely hanging onto its plastic recess on the back of the trim piece.

Here's my question: when it's time to pop the trim back on, are the clips supposed to be attached to the metal of the B-pillar or are they supposed to be attached to the plastic recesses on the back of the B-pillar trim?

I've searched and searched the web and can't find a picture of the back of the B-pillar trim. Even the diagrams in the online VW manuals don't show the clips for the B-pillar trim although they do for the A-pillar and C-pillar. If my car was a four door model it would be more straightforward, but you're pretty much working blind on the rear side of the B-pillar trim on a two door car.

I took a photo of the clips and had signed up for Photobucket years ago but Photobucket's user interface is so obscure that I can't figure out how to link to the photo. So here's a link to the photo in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zif214d2cpljriz/MKV-GTI-B-Pillar_clips.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
60 Posts
I cant remember 100 percent, but I'm pretty damn sure mine fell of while removing. I think I had them all on the trim piece and not the metal. I pushed in all the locations until they snapped into place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
You can do it either way, you'll just have to work a little harder one way compared to another. Sadly I can't remember which is easier, I've had that panel off a few times :/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts