VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finished the engine swap in my cab, i put an 84 GTI engine into an 86 Cab. The GTI engine was running fine, it was in my previous Rabbit that i drove everyday. Now that i put it in the Cab im having problems. When the car warms up it begins to boggle when you accelerate normally/aggresively, doesnt do it as much b4 it warms up. I know the distributors electrical plug (dont know the name) is loose on the distributor. It also idles a little high.
Also my vacuum lines arent fully installed. Can anyone help me??? I really need to get this car running soon.

·
Banned
684 Posts
Re: Need help with my car, serious problems...... (IamJacks______)

uhhh, fuly instll your vaccuum lines - diagrams are placed under the hood on the sticker and in the bentley manual. That would do it! if the problem persists look beyond the engine, possibly at the intake or the exhaust. Are you getting fuel at speed?
First thing to do is fix what is obviously wrong-- you may have no problem at all

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need help with my car, serious problems...... (FlyingDubber)

The thing that makes me wonder is that it runs fine for about 10 minutes and then it starts to boggle. Im gonna try and finish all my lines today. Im gonna have to change my muffler and cat, would that also contribute to the problem?
I know i have a lot of work ahead of me but im hoping that someone can tell me what is most likely the problem, might it be the warm up regulator??

[Modified by IamJacks______, 3:47 PM 2-2-2003]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.