VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the deal.
I bought my car in may 2002 and now have 47,000 miles. I chipped the car at around 7000 and have every bolt on with APR's 91 oct, and forges 007 dv. About 5 months ago, my cel went on and it was the -check sum memory error-. since then, it has all been down hill. my car would misfire everywhere on every cylinder. Had the coil packs changed about 7000 miles ago. My car was also runing rich, so i scanned the car had an o2 sensor out. so i changed both sensors, my coolant sensor, and a tune up, which cured the rich mixture. Currently, which is what I need help on, my car misfires only on the chipped program, but runs fine in the stock program. I can not get the max peak out of my turbo. My car goes limp everytime i drive it, whether i drive it hard or regular. When I let off the gas while on the freeway, the car will shut off. Checked VAG and no DTC's except for the -check sum memory-. What could it be? Old turbo, boost leak, bad clutch? Suggestions on what it could be.

· Registered
7,460 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.