VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time mechanic but just bought my first VW a few weeks ago at an auction. I've got a 2016 Jetta S ,1.4t, automatic 6 speed with 82,000 miles. When I bought the car most of the dash light were on and it would go into limp mode over 3,000 rpm. The car runs great but does have a little rattle in the engine. I figured out that the dash lights were probably on due to a bad wheel speed sensor, and when I got home I found a wheel speed wire cut in 2. When I got the wire spliced together that took care of the lights on the dash but I was still in limp mode. Reset everything and pulled the codes to find a 1. P0016 (CMP Sensor/Engine Speed Sensor: Incorrect Correlation) 2. P000A (Camshaft Position, Slow Response Bank 1) and 3. P052A (Cold Start Intake A Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced Bank 1).

I've changed the oil, changed both cam sensors, pulled both of the VVT Solenoids cleaned them and ohmed them out (both are reading the same ohms and look great), Pulled the timing chain cover (Belt looks great and has no slack). What am I missing? I looked every where for a crankshaft position sensor/engine speed sensor and can't find it. This car is in amazing shape inside and out but I can't figure this out!! I also have a power steering light on which probably doesn't correlate with this problem unless I have a wiring issue. I don't have a VW dealership anywhere close by and I usually do all my work myself anyway. PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts