VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Re: Need help with Recaro's (xxxfattonyxxx)

yes u can. i have them in my car and have the harnesses attached to the rear seat bckle spots. i use those zip tie thingies to keep the hanesses from falling off the top of the seat..... er.. so i gues there is some modifying, but it only costs like 20 cents

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: (WickedMystic)

Yes, there is another way to do it so you can still have the rear seats. There's a little thing called a Harness Bar or something like that. I looked for a pic but couldn't find it. It looks like part of a rollcage but it attaches to the b pillars and the floor. Then the harness attaches to that at a 90 degree angle to keep it as safe a possible.

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
Re: (xhybrid_dubx)

Yeah and a harness bar makes for a nice thing for your back seat passengers to crack their head off in an accident. But luckily you'll still be safe because you have your 4 point on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: (Jetta2dr)

You do realize you could put foam on it? I mean it'd be no different if you had a full cage, there'd still be stuff there to crack their head against.

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
Re: (xhybrid_dubx)

Yeah it really makes me wonder when people ask what kind of cages or roll bars they can get and still have the back seats useable. If its supposed to be for safety its not very safe with people back there. A couple inches of foam isnt gonna do much. Thats there in addition to a helmet to save your noggin in a crash. I just dont think its a good idea. Why do you need harnesses in a street car anyways? They're just a hassle to get in and out of every time you drive your car anyways, even the cam lock ones.
If you want to be secured in your seat for an autocross or something here is a little trick that I learned to do. Crank your seat down a few inches, and then jerk on your seat belt to get it to lock, then crank your seat back up so that it tightens you in there. Thats held me fine in all my autocrossing. Plus with the nice recaros you can use the sides of the seat to your advantage as well.

Modified by Jetta2dr at 11:48 AM 2-15-2004

1 - 10 of 10 Posts