VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a 2004 passat and I am getting a cold air intake. They don't make one for the passat but they do make one for the same engine in a jetta. I have the 1.8t and the air intake I am getting is AEM. Does anyone know if if that would work or fit?!?!?!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Need Help?!?!!? (sutherland)

The cold air intake from a Jetta will not work on a Passat. The Jetta engine is transverse whereas the Passat is not. You can get one at http://www.evoms.com but will need to make sure that it will fit a '04. I have an HKS on my '99 but they don't list it for a '04.
Many people won't put a cold air intake into the Passats because the filter sits next to the turbo and sucks in the hot air defeating the purpose of the new intake. Many believe the stock box is better with an upgraded filter like a K&N.
Some who have installed the cold air intake have done extensive mods to the heat shield to keep the hot air out and have fabricated pipes to bring in the cold air.
If I were to do it again, I would leave the stock box in with a K&N. One advantage to the cold air intake is the cool noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts